I’m so excited to begin 2019 with this blog! Crushed Caramel has nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! It’s a super exciting experience and the timing has been yet another gift and blessing! This award and experience helps me to take a deep breath from some difficult issues in my recent past and shift my focus on the positive places I want to go, so THANK YOU, CRUSHED CARAMEL! https://crushedcaramel.wordpress.com/2019/01/02/yaasotaa-has-nominated-me-for-the-mystery-blogger-award/
What is the Mystery Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers (blush) with ingenious posts (me – ingenious? that’s a bit far-fetched!). Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates (I’d love to know what Rory finds captivating about my blog!). They are one of the best out there (oh my!), and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog – THANK YOU CRUSHED CARAMEL!
- Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
As some readers and bloggers get to know me better (and I look forward to doing the same with you!), here is my personal favorite of my own blogs:
The Bittersweet Gift of Life: https://wordpress.com/post/lahla.blog/261
I recommend you check out Crushed Caramel’s blogs. She’s a great writer with a refreshing style and interesting perspective. I’m adding a few that I’ve enjoyed recently below:
Cats and Dogs https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/145879352/posts/5192
Icky Sticky https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/145879352/posts/75
Finger Food Gave Me Food For Thought https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/145879352/posts/5192
Crushed Caramel (Learner at Love) is her main page if you’d like to read more! https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/82078499
Three Things About Me:
My blog tends to be mostly about the part of me that feels like talking about brain cancer, so I’ll focus this information on my whole self so you get to know me as an individual better.
- I love to exercise and go through big phases which always keeps things interesting. Currently I am mostly practicing Krav Maga and Boxing but I’ve also gone through long phases of running, spinning, TRX, weightlifting, CrossFit, walking, roller skating, Muay Thai, Yoga, Step Aerobics, Hiit (High Intensity Interval Training), and Tae Kwon Do. Ultimately it would be better to blend several of these weekly, but I tend to embrace things and throw myself entirely in! Eventually I yearn for something else and make a switch, but am always 100% in whatever I’m doing!
- Even though it probably isn’t reflected in my writing much given my memory problems, often being repetitive, and having to talk around issues, I am highly educated with multiple classes above my Masters Degree. I feel like a life-long student and continue to learn in areas that interest me.
- I love dogs! I love people too but dogs give such a different, special relationship with different types of communication, unconditional love as well as special bonding between themselves and individuals. I have two dogs and each of them enjoy the whole family but also have unique interactions and relationships with each person. They love having fun but are also instinctually there for people when they need it. My dogs bring me so much joy and comfort no matter what kind of day I’m having and I’m eternally grateful for them!
Crushed Caramel’s Questions:
1) What Is Your Idea Of Adventure?
I love actively trying new things with no real plans or expectations! I usually do this through travel when I pick a place to go and stay but after that I get out, look around, and try whatever seems interesting! I love when I’m in a new place and get to know the place, people, traditions, and more by just jumping in! I wish I spoke more languages because there are limits but I love not being touristy and taking back roads, talking to locals about their favorites, and trying new things. Prior to living closer to beaches, my adventures always involved one but now I’m trying to branch out even more!
2) If You Were Going To Treat Yourself After A Really Long Day When You Worked Very Hard- How Would You Do So?
Unfortunately I haven’t figured this one out very well. I had a period when some wine took an edge off but it was becoming too plentiful and not really helping so I’m taking a break from that. This time of year the sun sets early so even a walk isn’t much of a choice. Sometimes I like to listen to music while I cook but most of the time cooking is more functional than fun. Spa services are nice for appearance but I find absolutely no relaxation in them so no on that one. I actually don’t know- any readers have tips to share? I’d love some ideas!
3) If I Invited You To A Bloggers Meet-Up At My Home And Asked Everyone To Bring A Dish Of Food For A Hot/Cold Buffet, What Would You Bring To The Dining Table?
You mentioned being a dairy-free vegetarian, so here are a few of my recipes I’d consider bringing:
-Butternut Squash Soup with Soy Chorizo and Red Pepper (spicy)
-Coconut Rice Bowl with Coconut Tofu, Black Beans, and kabobs with plantains, onions, pineapple, and bell peppers
4) Have You Ever Been To London? Which Sites Did You Visit? (If You Have Never Ben To London, Which Sites Would You Like To Visit If You Had A Chance?
My family was in Europe early this summer and were only in London one day. We visited Buckingham Palace and also witnessed a Brexit Protest at the Palace of Westminster. We strolled downtown and ate fish and chips, shopped downtown, and watched a lot of musicians, dancers, magicians, and general entertainers perform. It was a very good but very short time.
5) Do You Ever Find It Difficult To Fall Asleep At Night? What Do You Do To Make Yourself Sleepy?
Yes, I have trouble falling asleep sometimes but more often, wake up in the middle of the night. Before bed I try to have some time to relax, kind of turn off “my” day and focus on something else such as TV, phone/ app things that are not personal, or read. I don’t walk or exercise late at night because it gets my endorphins up and that makes it harder to sleep. I also don’t drink any caffeine during or after dinner.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Mystery Blogger Award:
Inspirational Leader mandyinspires.blog
Social Worker Angela iammyownisland.wordpress.com
Kitten and Her Coffee kittenandhercoffee.wordpress.com
Joni, Grief to Life grieftolife.com
Chanceyt, Life of Tori tchancey.home.blog
The Cancer Bus cancerbus.com
Tim Willow, The Rebel Fish rebelfish.blog
J(heart) Storms Can Be Beautiful stormscanbebeautiful.wordpress.com
Ramblings Gal ramblingsgal.wordpress.com
A Void in the Shape of Him lolabelle96.wordpress.com
Five Questions For My Nominees:
- When and why did you start blogging and how does it fit into your life?
- What kind of things do you do that make you feel good about yourself?
- If you could go anywhere in the world OR back in time, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite food? If it’s special beyond taste, please feel free to share why.
- What inspires you the most in life?
In Closing, I’d like to Thank Crushed Caramel, (Learner at Love) for nominating me and my readers for getting to know me better. I consider all of our connections a blessing, whether big or small, and am grateful for the parts of your lives you’re willing to share!
4 thoughts on “Crushed Caramel Has Nominated Me for the Mystery Blogger Award!”
Oh that was wonderful!
I love the sound of the dishes you would bring to a blogging party! How yummy!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! It was so fun to think about and now I know what to make in the next few days :-).
LikeLiked by 1 person
Omg that was wonderful and your blog doesn’t show up in my reader so I will now take the time to profusely apologize and thank you dearly for honoring my blog. I will mow through the questions and read the directions and publish my responses post haste! Thank you my dear! 💜💜♾
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love reading your blog and am excited to see your response!
LikeLiked by 1 person